Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things that make you go hmmmm...

I've been sitting here debating this with myself. Whether or not I need to edit my "about me" section, so as not to offend. Apparently, the word atheist is an issue. Really? But apparently it is - as even Sam Harris advises fellow atheists not to label themselves. And it really is a generic way to describe my beliefs. Or lack there of. And for some reason, the word has negative connotations attached to it. So I borrowed a description from a Unitarian Universalism website to give a better description. Hopefully this helps.

"Most of us do not believe in a supernatural, supreme being who can directly intervene in and alter human life or the mechanism of the natural world. Many believe in a spirit of life or a power within themselves, which some choose to call God."

This sounds about right to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP