Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stressing over the heat...

102 temperatures are something new in this house. Sore throat, coughing, body aches, constant fever, headache - every symptom of the flu - she has it (I do NOT recommend googling "swine flu" in the middle of the night, by the way). I believe this is the first time Sydney has had the flu. And this is the first year we skipped the flu shot. I am definitely switching back to a pediatrician. I thought a family doctor would be easier and less "germie" in the waiting room - but our doctor doesn't keep vaccinations in her office. Which means we have to go to some clinic to get shots. Which means we didn't go. That and Sam is apparently behind on HER vaccinations that she should have had last year - but I wasn't informed of - I only found out in CA when I had to take her to the ER for an ear infection.. I've NEVER missed a vax on either of these girls. Bad mom. Bad. I especially thought about this as I comforted my feverish and miserable daughter in the middle of the night - contemplating whether or not she had the swine flu and fighting the urge to take her to the ER in the middle of the night. Every time I went in to check on her - which was every 30 minutes it seems - she was awake. Which is unheard of for Sydney. That girl falls asleep 5 minutes after her head hits the pillow and is unwakable until morning. She's like daddy. Sam on the other hand - wakes up if I sneak her door open - she's like mommy. Sigh.

Back to Sydney - she sounds better this morning and her fever is down for now. Let's hope this was the worst of it. There's nothing more humbling than watching your child suffer - with nothing to do but feel helpless. I'm definitely getting that flu shot this year. Definitely. And Sam's vax - next week. Fingers and toes are crossed that this passes her by. I need sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP