Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Writers block or pure laziness? You be the judge.

It's been waaaay too long since I blogged.  I have been busy but this is ridiculous.  Where to start?

Sam started preschool in February.  She did so well - not a tear or plea for me to stay.  "Bye Mommy!"  She didn't even look back.  I was amazed since she had such a horrible week before.  Between vaccinations, a cold, and the dog bite (more on that later), I was prepared for the worst.  But she was ready.  So was I actually.  It wasn't as hard as I expected.  I was very proud of my big girl.  Preschool was short lived though - her last day is next Friday.  Sydney is off in May and Sam starts kindergarten in July so we're taking the rest of the summer off for the last bit of mommy time.  Here is Sam's first day of preschool.  You can see how pale she is (from the cold) and the dog bite and bruising.  She was such a trooper.  This picture makes me want to cry.



So the dog bite.  Well Sam loves our dog.  Our dog loves Sam.  But Sam has no fear of said dog (even AFTER the bite!!).  We've been trying to tell her to back off and love her a little more gently, and from afar, but she just can't help herself.  So I was sitting on the couch, Hannah was sleeping on the floor, and Sam walked up and lay her head on Hannah's belly.  It must have startled Hannah from her sleep, because I hear a growl and looked up to see Sam on the floor with Hannah on top of her.  Those 2 seconds it took me to get from the couch to the floor were the worst ever.  So she bit Sam on the face, inches from her eye and left a few bruises and tooth marks.  I grabbed Sam and ran down the street to urgent care in a panic.  She was fine and not in need of stitches.  Very lucky little girl.  Lucky dog too because my first instinct was to put her down.  But she's never done this before and I have myself to blame for not teaching Sam how to handle her pets.  We're working on the rules and Hannah doesn't spend as much time inside as she used to.  Poor thing was getting used to being spoiled too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP